Monday, October 19, 2009

292 Monday, October 19, 2009

292 Job 18 – 19; Matthew 17

Pray that you never have friends like Job's friends. In the middle of the second column on page 1354 you will find these words,

"Still, I know that God lives---the One who gives me back my life---and eventually he'll take his stand on earth. And I'll see him---even though I get skinned alive!---see God myself, with my very own eyes."

This is a Messianic reference to the day that Jesus Christ rules upon this earth. Job by faith makes this inspired statement about a day way in the future. Job needed hope and hope he had even though it was to come way down the line. I do not believe that Job knew all the implications of his statement, however it was his faith at work in a desperate situation.

‘That was a great service, retreat, or great prayer time--now if I could just have that bottled and drink it anytime I deem it necessary.’ Peter was seeing the glory of God in Christ revealed and he thought it would be great to box that puppy right up. To experience God is a moment to moment proposition that is unpredictable and mysterious. There is no formula, only principles to guide us. Come to Him with an open heart, humble spirit, and holy hands. Seek Him only and let the blessings fall where they may. Faith in God is not something we negotiate. Faith is putting everything on the line, all the time, and leave the results with God. Have a great faith day.

No comments:

Post a Comment