Friday, June 5, 2009

156 Friday, June 5, 2009

156 Isaiah 038 – 039; Luke 12.35 – 12.59

You may ask, "have we been over this before?" and the answer is, yes!. It was Isaiah that was the prophet for Hezekiah and Israel as it was recorded in 2 Kings. What would you write after being at death's doorstep? Not all, but most of the people that I have encountered who have been given a second chance at life have a different perspective. Perspective is putting things in order of importance and therefore one needs a reference point. Read Hezekiah's letter very slowly and let it speak to you. He is very honest and forthcoming about his feelings and his new lease on life.

The words of Christ are so penetrating and revealing. His words are also unpredictable. “I've come to start a fire on this earth---how I wish it were blazing right now! I've come to change everything turn everything rightside up---how I long for it to be finished! Do you think I came to smooth things over and make everything nice? Not so." These words of Christ totally sum up Christ's ministry. Reflect on your savior being a disruptor. Does that mean He may want to disrupt your life? Could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment