Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I was in an airport recently and of course I was in the book store. Two books are out right now that are anti-God and anti-Christian. One wants to blame Christianity for about every human ill out there and the other says that God has a problem because He does not explain suffering to us. So here we go again. These are old and warn out arguments against Christianity and yet they persist. Why? Read Romans chapter one and you will see. These arguments and others will be resurrected every generation and each generation has to look to God for the answer. The Scriptures tell us over and over again that God is not obliged to give us answers. We are obliged to give an answer to the Lord. We reverse the order of things because we think the world revolves around us. Surprise, surprise, surprise it does not revolve around us! I have friends and family who suffer and it is heart wrenching but there is a better place and God sent His Son into this world to suffer for us.

We fell and we fell hard--we chose the wrong path. Romans chapter one really puts it all on us. The Word of God gives us many answers to many of our questions and we, if we are honest don't like the answers. I have been there where I try to figure it out for myself and I find the answer in the Scriptures, but I don't like that answer. I want sight. I want touch. I want evidence on my own terms not on God's terms. I do not say any of this lightly, because I do have friends and family who suffer.

The point that will be driven home by Paul over and over again is that we are locked up to God's grace and to faith. No one has an edge above these two words. We all need God's grace and the faith to say yes to the Lord. What do you need to believe God for today? What is not there by sight that God is saying, "Believe Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment