Saturday, September 26, 2009

269 Saturday, September 26, 2009

269 Psalms 107 – 108; Matthew 5.1 – 5.20

Wellness and living right before God are highly interconnected. The Psalmist points this out when he pens these words, "Some of you were sick because you'd lived a bad life, your bodies feeling the effects of your sin; You couldn't stand the sight of food, so miserable you thought you'd be better off dead." For years it was debated and I'm sure it still is in some circles whether you should pray for emotional healing. For many it was acceptable practice to pray for the body, but not the emotions. If God made the body, mind, and soul and everything else then surely God knows how to touch the whole person. I do not know where you are in your life, in all your life, but maybe, today, you should pray for yourself in a holistic manner. If you are doing very well, then pray for a friend in a holistic manner. The prayer could look like this: Dear God, please bring healing to my soul--the scars, past hurts, and things I've tried to forget. Help me to experience peace in all my life. Lord, help me to deal with my memories with your grace and power. Heal me dear Lord Jesus through and through. Thank you most of all for your presence. Fill me this day with your Spirit and may my life truly glorify You. Amen. Have you ever prayed like this for your children?

The Sermon on the Mount is a staggering message. The Lord Jesus tells us how to have a blessed life. The opposite of blessed is a cursed life. I will take the blessed life any day. The first beatitude makes it or breaks it for us as to whether we follow the others. Jesus says, "You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule." Lord less of me---please!! And all God's people said, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment