Tuesday, September 1, 2009

244 Tuesday, September 1, 2009

244 Psalms 042 – 044; 2 Thessalonians 001

David asks some great questions in his writings and here is one, "Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues?" Toward the end of the Psalm he asks the same question. His prayer is "Fix my eyes on God--soon I'll be praising you again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God." The problem and the solution all wrapped up in one paragraph. What is blue is really a tool to bring us closer to God, the eternal. The down times is to bring us to Moreal--what is more real? That is the place I am asking God to take me to and it is named Moreal. On the other side of town is a place known as Lessreal. Sometimes Moreal seems Lessreal, but that is the weapon of that place known as Lessreal. Fix your eyes on Jesus and watch your faith flourish.

Listen to Paul inspire and build up the troops. "We're so proud of you; you're so steady and determined in your faith despite all the hard times that have come down on you." It is important to encourage others in the faith, so to help them through the hard times and the good times. I thank God for you and your help in seeking to follow in the steps of Jesus. There are good times and hard times but let us keep our eyes on the prize of God in Christ Jesus. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment