Friday, March 6, 2009

065 Friday, March 6, 2009

065 Deuteronomy 5 – 7; Romans 12

God is God and that is that. How confused we all can become in this world when we begin to even contemplate that somehow we rate as even a little god. Moses is speaking for Yahweh and declares, "I am God, your God.." and then says " No other gods only me." that's who brought you out of slavery. God has bent over backwards to redeem these people and to reveal His love. God is a jealous God. The commandments are then shared again with God's people. It is imperative that God's people act like God's people.

Here is the forecast for your life and mine. If we set God apart as Holy and as the most high and then give the honor, respect, and the love that only Yahweh deserves then our lives will go well no matter what the circumstances may try to dictate. My fear is that sometimes I take the Lord for granted. I am looking around this world too much instead of keeping my head up.

If God is who He says He is then what should our response be? It is Romans 12:1 that is the proper response. Paul basically says, "surrender" no I mean "surrender it all." Take your everyday life and let God have it. The good, the bad, and the ugly just give it to Him. Remember the fruit of the Spirit? Well, I believe that your life will begin to resemble that fruit market. You know, the one where it is “holyganic”, it is free by the cross, and is not mixed with any preservatives, supplements, or additives. This fruit is pure.

It is your choice. It is my choice. By the mercies of God I beseech you to give yourself to the Lord, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment