Monday, March 2, 2009

061 Monday, March 2, 2009

061 Numbers 35 – 36; Romans 9

What is the difference between killing and murder? What is the difference between murder and manslaughter? God is giving the people of Israel some last minute instructions on this kind of matter. This, by the way, is known as the civil law that God laid down in order to bring order to a nation. There are Christians who quote these matters as if these laws apply today. They don't apply today for the N.T. Christian. However, as a society we can learn from them, but not claim them to build up some kind of Heaven here on earth.

What would you give up to see someone not go to hell? Well? Hard question isn't it? I am so selfish in these matters. I like to think that I'm not, but I am. I will give up time but not all my time. I will give up money but not all my money. I will give some of my time with my children but not all the time. In other words, I will give as long as it doesn't get to uncomfortable. You see, I'm an American and I have been raised to believe I can have my cake and eat it too. Not true. Paul said, "If there were any way I could be cursed by the Messiah so they (Israel) could be blessed by Him, I'd do it in a minute." You see how selfish I am. I'm not going to hell for anyone--hell is hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undoubtedly, Paul's statement is one of the most staggering in all of scripture. Feed on it the rest of the day. Face it, fight it, but don't forget it.

1 comment:

  1. The rest of the story is that I will share Christ with those who view me with respect and credibility. Paul says he would be cursed so to bring Israel to Him. I have family that I have given up on as far as my testimony and trusting Christ for them. I doubt that they will ever come to Christ. WHO AM I??? Again, not the potter but the clay.
    Thank you Pastor Terry. Also for the life changing message yesterday. Much needed.

    ReplyDelete