Friday, January 23, 2009

023 Friday, January 23, 2009

023 Exodus 6 – 8; John 13.18 – 13.38

God's plan is moving right along. The people have multiplied in Egypt and they are set to be released to go to their land.

God deals with us as people. The Lord knows we are not all powerful etc. God has been shaping a leader and his name is Moses and we are able to witness how God talks to, encourages, and builds faith in a person. Listen to these words, "God continued speaking to Moses, reassuring him, “I am God, I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as The Strong God, but by my name God (I-Am-Present) I was not known to them”." Two insights that are important for us to be aware of; God is reassuring Moses--God does care and understands the battle fear and doubt. Secondly, God is building up Moses faith by reminding of His name, “I-Am-Present”, letting him know that the spiritual giants before him did not know Him in this way, it is an intimate name, up close and personal. God is saying, “I am with you”.

The “I-Am-Present” God then shows up as Christ. It even got more personal. In John 13 Jesus reveals a new commandment, “In the same way I loved you, you love one another.”
John and the disciples have been living with God, who had moved into the neighborhood.

God is strong, He is presently with us and God loves us with an ever present strong kind of love. Make today a present, kind of walking around with God, kind of day. What battles are you facing? Are you lonely, discouraged, hurting, ensnared in some secret sin? Then let the ever present strong God speak to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment