Friday, August 20, 2010

Romans 15:30-33 (NIV)

Romans 15:30-33 (NIV)
30 I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.
31 Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there,
32 so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed.
33 The God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Paul is nearing the end of his letter to the believers in Rome. He is need of help. It is as if Paul had a bounty on his head for most of his life after coming to faith in Christ. He is asking for prayers that he would escape the unbelievers in Judea. Sometimes Paul wanted prayer to reach the unbelievers and sometimes he wanted prayer to escape the unbelievers. Paul used God-given discernment for those types of situations. Paul is not cavalier at all about this prayer for him. He urges them to join in his struggle by praying for him. He also wanted to be effective in his service to the saints in Jerusalem. He wanted protection and he wanted effectiveness in ministry. The result of this answer to prayer is that he would be able to come to Rome with joy and be refreshed together. Would you pray for me that I may come each weekend with joy and that we as a church be refreshed together. Please pray for each other the same prayer. Try to do this right now. Thank you. May the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

If man is man and God is God, to live without prayer is not merely an awful thing; it is an infinitely foolish thing.

Phillips Brooks (1835–1893)

No comments:

Post a Comment