Monday, April 5, 2010

Romans 5:6-11

Are you ready to Rome?

Romans 5:6-11 (NIV)
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!
10 For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
11 Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.


When I used to do more counseling as a pastor there was a question that I use to put to people who were struggling with life. The question that I would I ask was "Do you know that your parents loved you?" Ninety-nine per cent of the time people would say yes I know that my parents loved me. Then I would ask this question, "How did you feel your parents love?"

Invariably the people would sit there with a blank stare. Only ten to fifteen per cent ever gave me some concrete answers to this last question. If the question was changed just a bit and it was worded this way, "Do you know that God loves you?" Most believers would say yes. I have had them say yes to this question. However when the question of how do feel God's love is placed before them it is a different story. If you were to answer these questions how would you answer them? Romans 5:1-11 is overflowing with the message that God loves us. God has sent the godly to die for the ungodly. God manifested His love in that when we were helpless sinners Christ died for us. We were enemies, but God has reconciled us and given us life. Christ's death and resurrection has changed everything we are to believe about God and ourselves and yes how we feel! I believe that feelings are to follow what we believe!



God carries your picture in his wallet.

Tony Campolo

No comments:

Post a Comment