Saturday, October 3, 2009

276 Saturday, October 3, 2009

276 Psalms 119.113 – 119.176; Matthew 8.1 – 8.17

Give me a break! This phrase of "Give me a break" can mean so many things. It can mean, "you have to be kidding me." It can mean, "life is going bad here, right now." Have you ever thought it could mean, "I need a break from this routine of life." I have heard it said, "if you don't come apart, you will fall apart." We need recreation which is to recreate ourselves. We also need to be renewed. Listen to this verse,

Psalms 119:114 (MSG) 114 You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me. I wait may be some of the most difficult words in our language.

If we do wait we are suppose to wait for God's word to renew us. In the book of Hebrews the author tells us that God's Word is alive (Heb.4:12).
Most of us want to live life to the fullest. The question is always the same "how?" You can get as many answers as there are people. Here is what God says,

Psalms 119:144 (MSG) 144 The way you tell me to live is always right; help me understand it so I can live to the fullest.

While you are reading the Bible always be asking the question, "How can this help to live better?" God has given us His Word to help us to really live.

What is faith? We find recorded in Matthew a dramatic representation of faith which is found in a Roman captain. Here is some of the words exchanged,

Matthew 8:8-10 (MSG)
8 "Oh, no," said the captain. "I don't want to put you to all that trouble. Just give the order and my servant will be fine. 9 I'm a man who takes orders and gives orders. I tell one soldier, 'Go,' and he goes; to another, 'Come,' and he comes; to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it." 10 Taken aback, Jesus said, "I've yet to come across this kind of simple trust in Israel, the very people who are supposed to know all about God and how he works.

This man understood who was really in control. This man could see that Jesus was who He claimed to be and that He could command sickness to leave a persons body.
Today exercise your faith in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment