Monday, September 14, 2009

257 Monday, September 14, 2009

257 Psalms 075 – 077; 2 Timothy 003

In Psalm 77, the last Psalm in this reading, we find the writer in the pits and bellowing out to God, "Why me?" We have all been there and there is a good chance we will visit there again. The writer moans, ' "Just my luck," ' I said, ' "The High God goes out of business just the moment I need him." ' I love that take on our life. God is in the rescue business and just when we need a little help the shingle is hung out "closed." How does the writer climb out of the pit? Here is the way this man did it. "Once again I'll go over what God has done, lay out on the table the ancient wonders; I'll ponder all the things you've accomplished, and give a long, loving look at your acts." This verse is a great way to start each day and for us to kick off the weekend. Ponder what God has done, not what He has not done.

No comments:

Post a Comment