Saturday, May 9, 2009

129 Saturday, May 9, 2009

129 2 Kings 003 – 005; 2 Corinthians 010

“In 1990 I became a Born Again Christian while I was in prison”; is how a new attender to the men's Bible study described his Christian experience. “It was good for a few years and then I have been away for 10 years. I think I'm abusive to my wife but I don't remember it because of the black outs. It has been one long drunk. I need to come back to God.”
Joram was not going to give up the practices of Jeroboam son of Nebat. For 10 years our new friend was not going to give up the drunkenness. It, whatever ‘it’ is, can be killing a person, but they will not give it up. We go into something thinking we will get our hooks into that, and that, gets its hooks into us. Be careful out there.

Jehoshaphat asks this question, "Isn't there a prophet of God anywhere around through whom we can consult God?" May you be that spokesperson through whom people can turn to in order to consult God. You are priests, a holy priesthood in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment