Thursday, March 26, 2009

085 Thursday, March 26, 2009

085 Joshua 22 – 24; Mark 6.1 – 6.29

What do you have as a reminder for your children that God is God is and was King of your life? Not a bad idea. This is what the tribes of the Reubenites, Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh somewhat had in mind. They had to explain this altar to the priest Phinehas and he approved. The best thing you can build is…you in this day and age of grace. Build ‘you’ as an altar of what God is doing now in this world and especially how God is ruling in your life.

If you decide that it's a bad thing to worship God, then choose a god you'd rather serve--and do it today. Then Joshua made one of most famous statements ever recorded in Scripture, "As for me and my family we'll worship God." I can serve God and worship Him but to bring my family along is another thing. To reach those beyond my family is another challenge. However this whole process starts with me and it starts with you.

Start today if you strayed in anyway. Even say it out loud with Joshua that this day you and your family will worship God and God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment