Friday, February 20, 2009

051 Friday, February 20, 2009

051 Numbers 9 – 11; Romans 2

Bugles, cloud of fire, the chest, Taberah (blaze--fire from God) and whining. Which word does not fit? You get one guess. You are right if you said whining. A hard life they had. They didn't have freedom or food that tastes good… and they want the food! I believe Israel is a picture of the human heart. Are we ever satisfied? When is enough, enough? Contentment is a really big word for any culture or individual.

Now before we get on our high horse let's see how the big kahuna handled it. Moses said to God, '"Why are you treating me this way? What did I ever do to you to deserve this?"' Oh yea, they are in the cesspool of grumbling. Here is my problem, I whine about the whiners, and feel justified because I didn't start it! I am Moses, in the bad way. I have a bigger problem, I am Israel and Moses--just shoot me! When I am following I feel justified to whine and when I lead I feel justified to grumble. Am I alone in this dilemma of the heart?

Earlier this morning I told God today is a day of praise because of some tough situations that got resolved over the weekend. Praise the Lord. Do you want to hear what the Lord whispered in my heart when I told Him I was going to praise Him for the answers to prayer? What if I (the Lord) had not answered the way you wanted would you still praise me? Wow. God is good all the time, all the time God is good--praise Him, period.

So today wherever you may find yourself may God find you praising and thanking Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment