Friday, January 2, 2009

003 Saturday, January 3, 2009

Today’s Reading: 003 pgs.23-26 Genesis 6 – 8; John 2

God saw that human evil was out of control. People thought evil, imagined evil, lived evil--evil, evil, evil from morning to night. This verse sits in judgment over all of mankind. We sometimes want to make people’s hearts a little better than they really are in reality. It grieved God that those whom he had made were hurting themselves and those around them. In Jeremiah, we find these words; that the heart is wicked and deceitful above all things who can know it. God destroyed everyone except for Noah and his family. Now you take these words that John spoke of Jesus where it is said that many entrusted their lives to him. But Jesus didn't entrust his life to them. He knew them inside and out...what did he know then that is true today? Jesus knew that all have sinned. Jesus knew what His Father knew, that people have an addiction to having it their way. Go to Jesus and have a heart check up. Ask God to show you your blind spots--to show you those things that are covered up. This kind of check up should be daily. If you want to go deeper, ask some close friends about your blind spots and then listen.

1 John 1:9 Jesus forgives you and will give you mercy, grace, and strength for today and the future.

3 comments:

  1. Terry - The thought questions in the Pause book made me wonder if God is more patient with those who "don't know any better" (ie general humanity) and less patient with those who should know better (ie the sales people in the Temple)? While God is patient with all of us, He has less of it for us in the Church who know better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly Father, I ask that you show me the things that I don't want to see reveal to me what I hold within my house. Place friends around me that can be real and honest with me to share some of these things with me and help me to listen to them.. Thank you Father for loving me and for giving me grace, mercy and strength to go on. In your precious name I pray. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom this is a good question. In 2 Peter God tells us that He is not willing that any should perish but that all should repent. I believe that God is extremely patient with all of us. I would agree with you that God is more patient with those who know less. The more light any person is given will require more of that person before the Lord. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

    ReplyDelete